We will have a few changes this week in our flow of worship on Sunday. Nothing major, but simply rearranging a few things so that the emphasis on our worship through music happens during our response time (communion and other responses after the sermon.)
The changes you will notice right away are as follows:
- Announcements and Mission Minute will be given at the beginning of the service
- Our opening worship set will be 2 songs rather than 3-4
- Children will be dismissed during this opening worship set, specifically during the second song.
- Rather than stop the flow of our worship with a big break, we aren't going to do a Take 5 anymore! I know... this one is the hardest change! We will have a time to greet one another and to share the peace of Christ with each other and visitors later in the service.
- We will read from the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John every week...even if the sermon is on another scripture! Hearing the words and deeds of Christ doesn't always require a sermon, but hearing the Gospel is life giving!
- The main set of worship songs will be after the sermon, during our response time. Every other week this is communion, the other weeks it will be through prayer or another form of response. Because it is toward the end of the service, we can be more spontaneous and open ended, without the need to rush and move on to something else.
That's it! If you go to my blog on the website, you can read a bit more about the "whys" of the changes. I am excited about this, and can't wait to see God's continued work in our church and our community!