What: The Parenting Course (for children 0-10)
When: Sunday Nights 6:30-8:30 February 26th-March 26th
Where: Outer Banks Family YMCA
Dinner and Childcare provided!
Email Registration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is for any parent with children up to the age of 10. (We will offer another course on parenting pre-teens and teens at a later date!) The course, while based on Christian principles, is relevant and helpful for any parent with or without a Christian faith or church background.
While ideally we would love both parents to attend the course, we recognize that this can be challenging for those with young children. It is fine for one parent to attend, or you could swap over each week.
The hosts of the Parenting Children Course, Joey and Brandie Fitzgerald, have lots of parenting experience and have four children aged 16, 13, 9 and 2. Joey is the Lead Pastor at Church of the outer Banks. Brandie works with students with special needs, has a background in social services, adoption work, and church ministry.
The authors of The Parenting Children Course and The Parenting Book, Nicky and Sila Lee, have worked with couples and families for over twenty years and speak regularly on parenting.
- How do I register? Email the Church of the Outer Banks at email@example.com. Include your name, how many people will be attending, if you need childcare, and any dietary restrictions you or your children may have.
- Can I come if I am a single parent? Yes! Many people that attend the Parenting Course are single parents. The struggles of parenting on your own can be significant. The Parenting Course gives strategies and advice on being a single parent as well as co-parenting.
- Do you offer Scholarships? Absolutely, yes! While the cost of the course goes to keep our expenses down, we have scholarships available to those who may need it. Simply let us know in your email when you are registering.
- We have food allergies and aversions. Do you have options for dinner? Yes. Simply let us know what your dietary restrictions are, and we will work to accommodate.
- What if I miss a class? While we don't recommend missing, missing a night isn't a deal breaker. There is a workbook as well as the complete class in book form. The work book is yours to keep, and you can purchase a copy of the Parent Children Book for your own library.